With Christmas just around the corner (I mean, December is next week – eek!) I’ve been thinking about the holiday treats I want to make for friends and family. And of course, baking and treat making is always an excuse to use up some of my food storage!
Today’s recipe is one my Aunt shared with me many years ago. It’s rich and chocolatey, with the merest hint of peanut butter. And everything in it is shelf stable so it’s perfect for food storage!
Chocolate Krispie Treats
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 bag butterscotch chips
4 tablespoons peanut butter
6 cups crispy rice cereal
- Add the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter to a large microwave proof bowl (I use by Corningware pyrex dishes for best results)
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, then stir.
- Continue to microwave for 30-60 seconds, stirring to combine the melting chips and peanut butter. Stop when smooth and relatively lump free.
- Add the crispy rice cereal and stir to thoroughly coat.
- Spread in a greased 9×13 baking pan and allow to cool until solid.
- Cut into square and serve!
- Build Your Food Storage – Rice
- Whole Wheat and Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Cranberry Orange Scone Recipe
- Real Corn Cornbread Muffins Recipe
- Recipe: Homemade “Nutri-grain” Bars
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.